- Regular Price$60
Today's Houston Deal
$25 for Memberships and $90 for Classes at the Houston Center for Photography
Time Remaining00:00:00 -19154558
Houston Center for Photography(713) 529-4755 | Website
Houston1441 W Alabama St
Houston , TX 77006
- Houston Center for Photography offers a wide variety of classes for all skill levels and interests in photography-related arts, year-round exhibitions, workshops, publications, outreach programs, lectures, and is home to an on-site library holding more than 2,500 books on photography as well as a state-of-the-art Digital Darkroom with the latest photo editing, printing and scanning technology.
- Choose at checkout: $90 for a photography class of your choice (a $180 value) or $25 for a one-year individual membership (a $55 value).
- 2010 Houston Press Best of Houston Award – Best Non-Profit Art Gallery.
- Classes included in the daily deal relate to a basic understanding of photography and how to use your DSLR camera, learning about composition and creating a cohesive body of work, and how to present your original art. See detailed description of classes offered below.
- Membership includes access to HCP’s world-class Digital Darkroom; invitations to members-only events such as Capture Crawls, special openings and tours; 25% discount and early registration on workshops and classes; opportunity to apply to the HCP Juried Membership Exhibition and Juried Fellowship Competition; eligibility to register for Master Classes and portfolio reviews; discounts at peer institutions; and 36% off the newsstand rate of Aperture Magazine.
- For detailed descriptions including dates and times of each class, click here.
- Expires 7/31/2014.
- Voucher cannot be redeemed until the day after deal closes.
- Valid for: Photography I: Learning the Basics, Photography II: Beyond the Basics, From Good to Great: Composition I, Finding Your Vision: Composition II, Personal Vision: Creating a Body of Work, Presenting Your Work: Building Your Portfolio, Presenting Your Work: Framing and Matting, Presenting Your Work: Getting Your Work Out There.
- Classes are subject to cancellation. In the event of a cancellation you may apply your voucher to a different class within those offered in the deal.
- All services must be used by same customer; cannot be shared.
- Membership valid for one year from date of redemption.
- May purchase and gift unlimited.
- See the fine print that applies to all deals.
Photography I - Learning the Basics: Designed to give students a full understanding of manual DSLR controls as well as basic composition and lighting skills.
Photography II: Beyond the Basics – Go beyond the basics of aperture and shutter speed in this course designed to help you achieve maximum creative control over your images.
From Good to Great - Composition I: This introductory composition course will improve the quality of your images and introduce you to such terminology as the rule of thirds, leading lines, orientation and image framing.
Finding Your Vision - Composition II: Gain confidence in your ability to create great photographic images by utilizing the basic rules of composition while becoming acquainted with different photography styles such as portrait, landscape, documentary and conceptual.
Personal Vision - Creating a Body of Work: Learn how to develop and create a successful body of photographic work by establishing a theme, identifying shooting opportunities and editing the results.
Presenting Your Work- Building Your Portfolio: Learn what exactly is a portfolio and begin the process of organizing and editing your work, including learning to write an artist statement and biography.
Presenting Your Work - Framing and Matting: This course will introduce you to a variety of different presentation methods including both print and online portfolio and framing.
Presenting Your Work - Getting Your Work Out There: Learn how to choose the best call-for-entry’s for your work, understand the submission process and outline the steps necessary to show your work to reviewers.
Questions about this deal Question about the Deal? Ask it here.
Well, no one's posted any questions, but you could be the first by asking a question below.
Discover Deals on the Go!
View in App Store »
iPhone App now
More Local Offers
$9 for 3-day pass to the Saint Paddy's Luck of the Irish Pub CrawlView
79:17:22 left 285442
$30 VIP ticket to Lucky's Pub St. Patrick's Day Festival - 3 LocationsView
103:17:22 left 371842
Feature Your Business
VOICE Daily Deals is a fantastic way to bring your business exactly what every business needs: more customers!
Let us show you how easy it is to reach an entirely new audience AND all of their friends.
Looking For Another City?
VOICE Daily Deals has partnered with Voice Media Group and will soon provide our "Daily Deals" in many new markets around the country. Sign up now for great deals and we'll send you the VOICE Daily Deal as soon as we launch in each location.
How It Works
VOICE Daily Deals works like this: Everyday, we e-mail you one terrific deal on the best events and places in your city. If you're interested, you buy the deal. If you're not, you don't.
Sign up now and receive a daily opportunity to save big on big fun in your city.