$12 for GA tickets to City Pages Best of Twin Cities Party on April 28th at International Market Square
- Regular Price$25
Today's Minneapolis / St. Paul Deal
$30 for registration to the Mississippi River Challenge
Time Remaining00:00:00 -137944928
Mississippi River Challenge(651) 222-2193 | Website
- Spend a ½ day, 1 or 2 days paddling our local rivers.
- Experience up close the beauty and power of Minnesota’s two greatest rivers.
- Enjoy great food and live music along the route the weekend of July 28th and July 29th.
- Have opportunities to view wildlife and encounter new natural areas in the heart of the urban area.
- Travel urban riverfronts and stretches of what feel like near-pristine wilderness – all in the heart of the cities.
- $600 value or more
- Expires 7/29/2012.
- Voucher cannot be redeemed until the day after deal closes.
- May buy unlimited vouchers.
- Every participant must raise $250 of pledges.
- Must register online by June 15th and enter promotional code: http://www.mississippiriverchallenge.org/users/create_account.
- The pledges you raise will directly support the work "Friends of the Mississippi River" to protect and conserve land along the river, its water quality and its value as a recreational, ecological, cultural, and historical asset for the community.
- The Mississippi River Challenge offers three route options – a half day, a one day, and a two day paddle.
- Must bring your own canoe, kayak or paddleboard or rent (for additional fee) a canoe or Kayak from FMR.
- $30 applies to ½ day, 1 day, or 2 day options.
- See the fine print that applies to all deals.
Do your best Louis and Clark impression with today’s deal of registration for the Mississippi River Challenge on July 28th and 29th, a $60 value, for just $30.
With a goal to bring awareness to river health, this year’s event will take paddlers on a new route with the first day spent on the Minnesota River and the second on the Mississippi River. The first day will challenge intrepid kayakers, canoers and paddleboarders to 17 downstream miles from Bloomington Ferry in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge to Fort Snelling. After staying overnight at the Fort and enjoying tunes from the Roe Family Singers, paddlers will continue 22 miles on the Mississippi River from Fort Snelling to Grey Cloud Island. Not sure you can handle it? The race also offers two shorter options of 17 miles in one day or 11 miles in half a day. Music will be provided along the way from Dan Newton with the Bellow Brothers, Mary DuShane, of the Moonlight Duo and the Ditch Lilies.
Each paddler is required to raise $250, which will directly support the work of "Friends of the Mississippi River" to protect and conserve land along the river, its water quality and its value as a recreational, ecological, cultural and historical asset for the community. They make it so easy for your friends to pledge directly online. Fall short? Just pony up the balance yourself and you’ll still be getting a great deal. Bring your own canoe, kayak or paddleboard or rent one from the organization for an additional fee, but either way, the event organizers will haul all your stuff and provide shuttles, all meals and snacks. Get to know your local rivers and see if you can give Poseidon a run for his money on the Mississippi River Challenge.
Questions about this deal Question about the Deal? Ask it here.
Well, no one's posted any questions, but you could be the first by asking a question below.
Discover Deals on the Go!
View in App Store »
iPhone App now
More Local Offers
Feature Your Business
VOICE Daily Deals is a fantastic way to bring your business exactly what every business needs: more customers!
Let us show you how easy it is to reach an entirely new audience AND all of their friends.
Looking For Another City?
VOICE Daily Deals has partnered with Voice Media Group and will soon provide our "Daily Deals" in many new markets around the country. Sign up now for great deals and we'll send you the VOICE Daily Deal as soon as we launch in each location.
How It Works
VOICE Daily Deals works like this: Everyday, we e-mail you one terrific deal on the best events and places in your city. If you're interested, you buy the deal. If you're not, you don't.
Sign up now and receive a daily opportunity to save big on big fun in your city.