- Regular Price$95
Today's Houston Deal
$12 registration to Toga Fun Run 2012
Time Remaining00:00:00 -153329525
Toga Fun Run 2012(281) 326-6539 | Website
Seabrook5001 NASA Parkway
Seabrook, TX 77586
- $500 CASH prize for the winner of the 5K, $200 CASH prize for the winner of the 1Mile. Also, prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place runners in Men's and Women's Division. Best Male Toga and Best Female Toga will receive a Clear Lake Sunset Cruise prize.
- A portion of the proceeds will go to the Lone Star Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation.
- See 2011 photos on ABC Local's site.
- Check out the slideshow on Houston Press.
- Expires 5/27/2012.
- Voucher cannot be redeemed until the day after deal closes.
- May buy one voucher per person.
- Limited quantities available.
- Location: Clear Lake Park, 5001 NASA Pkwy in Seabrook, TX.
- No age requirement to participate.
- Voucher HOLDER must pick up packet at Clear Lake Park at 7am, on Saturday, May 26 (day of the toga race).
- Voucher holder will receive free ticket to Clear Lake Greek Festival, which runs May 25 – 27.
- It is NOT required to run in your toga.
- See the fine print that applies to all deals.
Togas became an important icon in Roman culture because they symbolized citizenship and distinguished free people from slaves. They also happened to be very forgiving in the stomach area to those who indulged in one too many slices of pizza. Embrace all the freedom and ridiculousness that comes with toga-wearing while proving yourself like a Roman warrior with today’s deal of registration for the Toga Fun Run 5K or one-mile race, a $25 value, for just $12.
Held on Saturday, May 26, the Toga Fun Run will help you earn those Memorial Day Weekend beers with some stiff competition and a fun, toga twist. The winner of the 5K will receive a $500 cash prize while the winner of the one-mile race will get a cool $200. There will also be awards given out for the first, second and third place winners in the men’s and women’s divisions as well as a Clear Lake Sunset Cruise for the best male and female togas. In addition to a chance to compete in the race, registration also includes a ticket to the Clear Lake Greek Festival, which runs May 25 – 27 and will feature a sampling of the area’s Greek culture.
The fun run will be held at Clear Lake Park in Seabrook from 8:30 am – 11:00 am with packed pickup at 7:00 am. A portion of the run’s proceeds will benefit the Lone Star Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation. Togas are not necessary to run, but highly encouraged. Dust off that college toga and kick off the Memorial Day weekend right at the Toga Fun Run.
Questions about this deal Question about the Deal? Ask it here.
Discover Deals on the Go!
View in App Store »
iPhone App now
More Local Offers
Feature Your Business
VOICE Daily Deals is a fantastic way to bring your business exactly what every business needs: more customers!
Let us show you how easy it is to reach an entirely new audience AND all of their friends.
Looking For Another City?
VOICE Daily Deals has partnered with Voice Media Group and will soon provide our "Daily Deals" in many new markets around the country. Sign up now for great deals and we'll send you the VOICE Daily Deal as soon as we launch in each location.
How It Works
VOICE Daily Deals works like this: Everyday, we e-mail you one terrific deal on the best events and places in your city. If you're interested, you buy the deal. If you're not, you don't.
Sign up now and receive a daily opportunity to save big on big fun in your city.